Authorities say a 32-year-old is facing charges after being found under the influence while inside a damaged vehicle.
A man is facing at least half a dozen charges after police found him early Sunday morning in a parking lot in the Polo Park area. The Winnipeg Police Service says they were called by a security guard at 4:20 a.m.who noticed the driver and his damaged vehicle in the lot.
They say the guard tried to communicate with the man but he did not respond.
When officers arrived, they successfully woke and communicated with the man, whom they say was impaired. As the officers were taking him into custody, they noticed a gun and a loaded magazine.
The man is now facing:
- Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired to Any Degree by BAC or Drug or a Combination of Both
- Within 2 hrs of Ceasing to Operate a Conveyance is Impaired with BAC Equal or Over 80mgs
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
He is in custody.