There are 59 new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba.
Health Officials are announcing that two women with COVID-19 in their 40s, one in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region and the other in the Northern health region, have died.
This brings the total number of deaths to 937.
As of 9:30 Thursday, there are 59 new COVID-19 cases including:
- one case in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 16 cases in the Northern health region
- seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Winnipeg's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.6 per cent. Province-wide the rate is 3.9 per cent.
Seven previous COVID-19 cases have been removed due to a date correcting, bringing the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases to 34,174. There are 1,179 active cases and 32,058 recoveries.
In hospital, there are 65 people with active cases, 12 of which are in the ICU. There are 86 in the hospital who are no longer infectious with 18 of those needing ICU care.
The total number of variant of concern cases is 270, with 235 of those B.1.1.7 and 20 B.1.351. Fifteen are uncategorized.