Tauren Wells, We the Kingdom, Lecrae, and Cody Carnes are taking top honour for being nominated in two Grammy awards categories.
Cody Carnes has two nominations in the categories of Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song for 'The Blessing' and Best Contemporary Christian Music Album for Run to the Father.
Carnes wife Kari Jobe, also very well known in the Christian artist circles, is included alongside Elevation Worship for 'The Blessing' nomination.
"This song has meant so much to me in this year that has been so difficult for so many. It feels like it was a song from the heart of God over all of us as a kind reminder that His promises never fail," says Jobe in a post on Facebook.
For their album and title track 'Holy Water', We the Kingdom also has two nominations in the same categories as Carnes.
"We are genuinely so grateful and emotional about it. Thank you all so much for listening to our music and supporting what God is doing in our lives. We love y’all very much! To God be all the glory!" the band posted to Facebook.
Tauren Wells received two nominations this year in the same categories and has had 6 prior Grammy nominations for his music. The album Citizen of Heaven and the song 'Famous For' featuring Jenn Johnson are being recognized this year.
"When I called my mom she said “that makes 8 noms!!” I am so grateful. I will be forever and always pointing to Jesus on these things," Wells shares on a Facebook post.
Lecrae, a Christian rapper was nominated for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song with 'Sunday Morning'. He was also nominated as a writer for 'Come Together', sung by Rodney "Darkchild" Jenkins in the category of Best Gospel Performance/Song.
Lecrae has had many things to celebrate as of late, including his music featured on the latest Spiderman Miles Morales video game for Playstation. Lecrae's music is also on the film being released on Amazon streaming services for a movie called One Night in Maimi.
"As if the Spider-Man soundtrack wasn’t enough," was all Lecrae posted to Facebook, alongside photos of the Grammy nominations.
The Grammy Award nominations were released on November 24, and all the nominees in the Christian music categories are:
Best Gospel Performance/Song
- Melvin Crispell III - “Wonderful Is Your Name”
- Ricky Dillard Featuring Tiff Joy - “Release (Live)” (Songwriter: David Frazier)
- Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins Presents: The Good News - “Come Together” (Songwriters: Lashawn Daniels, Rodney Jerkins, Lecrae Moore and Jazz Nixon)
- Travis Greene - “Won’t Let Go” (Songwriter: Travis Greene)
- Jonathan McReynolds & Mali Music - “Movin’ On” (Songwriters: Darryl L. Howell, Jonathan Caleb McReynolds, Kortney Jamaal Pollard and Terrell Demetrius Wilson)
Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song
- Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes & Elevation Worship - “The Blessing (Live)” (Songwriters: Chris Brown, Cody Carnes, Kari Jobe Carnes and Steven Furtick)
- Lecrae Featuring Kirk Franklin - “Sunday Morning” (Songwriters: Denisia Andrews, Jones Terrence Antonio, Saint Bodhi, Brittany Coney, Kirk Franklin, Lasanna Harris, Shama Joseph, Stuart Lowery, Lecrae Moore and Nathanael Saint-Fleur)
- We The Kingdom - “Holy Water”
- Tauren Wells featuring Jenn Johnson - “Famous For (I Believe)”
- Zach Williams and Dolly Parton - “There Was Jesus” (Songwriters: Casey Beathard, Jonathan Smith & Zach Williams)
Best Gospel Album
- Anthony Brown & group therAPy - “2econd Wing: Ready”
- Myron Butler - “My Tribute”
- Ricky Dillard - “Choirmaster”
- PJ Morton - “Gospel According To PJ”
- Kierra Sheard - “Kierra”
Best Contemporary Christian Music Album
- Cody Carnes - “Run To The Father”
- Hillsong Young & Free - “All of My Best Friends”
- We The Kingdom - “Holy Water”
- Tauren Wells - “Citizen of Heaven”
- Kanye West - “Jesus Is King”
Best Roots Gospel Album
- Mark Bishop - “Beautiful Day”
- The Crabb Family - “20/20”
- The Erwins - “What Christmas Really Means”
- Fisk Jubilee Singers - “Celebrating Fisk!”
- Ernie Haase & Signature Sound - “Something Beautiful”
The 2021 Grammy Awards will air on Sunday, January 31 on CBS. There are no other details about the virtual event at this time.