Winnipeg Police Services are continuing the investigation of a compliance check which turned into the seizure of illegal items.
In a statement released by the WPS, on October 3 at 7:30 a.m., a West District General Patrol unit arrived at a suite of an apartment building in the 800 block of Sterling Lyon Parkway to conduct a compliance check of a male bound by conditions of a Release Order.
When entering the suite, officers found an adult female, which violates a no-contact condition. Officers continued to search the residence (conducted according to the Release Order) and found and seized the following items:
- 492.6 grams of cocaine (with an estimated street value of $20,000)
- $30,355 in Canadian currency
- A luxury watch (with an estimated value of $17,000)
- A money counting machine
- Electronic scales
- Score sheets
- Packaging materials
- Four mobile phones
Jemar Floyd Barros Recina, a 21-year-old male from Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order (x2)
He was detained.