If you were asked to name your favourite things—the things you love—how long would it take for you to name yourself?
If you’re anything like Jonathan Puddle, you may have tried to love God and love others without thinking too much about yourself. Wanting to avoid self-centeredness, he doubted himself and condemned himself—he even hated himself—until he noticed the ancient words of Mark 12:31, “Love your neighbour as yourself.”
Drawing from Scripture, trauma-informed therapy, Christian inner-healing, breathing and embodiment exercises, and silent prayer & contemplative spirituality, You Are Enough: Learning to Love Yourself the Way God Loves You is a holistic healing journey towards abundant life.
Featuring 30 daily readings that are easy to understand, with practical exercises and guided audio and video meditations to help readers:
● Love their body and embrace the space they take up.
● Discern God’s presence and feel safe with their creator.
● Get to know their emotions and inner life.
● Encounter love in the most scarred, scared, and sacred places of their hearts.
● Love their whole self the way God does, with gentleness and compassion.
Today on Connections, Jonathan shares the inspiration behind his book and why it's important to start loving yourself the way God loves you.