The province is updating the total number of COVID-19 deaths after reviewing data.
Public health officials advise three additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Heritage Life Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.9 per cent provincially and 3.9 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 126 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 125 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 29,858.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 24 cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 55 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• eight cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,358 active cases and 25,665 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 105 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 155 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 260 hospitalizations;
• there are 22 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 34 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 835.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,833 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 482,110. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.