Manitoba is extending an emergency measures move for the thirteenth time.
On Thursday, Infrastructure Minister Ron Schuler is announcing the state of emergency is continuing for another 30 days.
“Our government continues to take preventative measures and remain cautious as we reopen the province,” Schuler says. “These have been challenging times and we understand the impact it has had on Manitobans, but we want to remind everyone to follow the fundamentals and keep your friends and family safe.”
This takes effect at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The state of emergency does not affect the current public health orders.
Extensions had previously been announced on April 18, May 17, June 15, July 14, August 12, September 10, October 9, November 6, December 4, January 4, February 2, and March 3.
"Manitoba’s Emergency Measures Organization provincial response team works with industry partners and experts to co-ordinate, collaborate and communicate effectively in supporting the rollout of programs and services to assist in Manitoba’s COVID-19 response strategy," the province says in a statement.
Section 10(1) and 10(2) of the Emergency Measures Act gives the province more powers to respond to the pandemic.