A 32-year-old is facing drug trafficking charges after officers discovered weapons and drugs inside his vehicle.
Thompson RCMP is investigating a suspect for trafficking following a traffic stop on Saturday.
On Highway 6, near Paint Lake, a popular attraction approximately 30 kms south of Thompson, officers pulled over a vehicle. While conducting the search, they found approximately 280 grams of cocaine, Canadian currency, weapons and drug paraphernalia.
Officers also learned he was breaching the Public Health Emergency Order for non-essential travel north of the 53rd parallel.
The 32-year-old is now facing charges including:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Trafficking, Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x2
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Unlawful Transportation of Liquor in a Motor Vehicle, under the Liquor, Gaming, Cannabis Control Act
- Failing to Comply with a Public Health Emergency Order, under the Public Health Act
The suspect is in custody.
Officers are continuing to investigate.