Health Officials say there are 91 new cases of COVID-19 that have been found in the province, including 31 of those in Winnipeg.
Public health is advising of a possible exposure to a probable B.1.1.7 variant of concern case at the following locations:
• March 5 – Silver Heights Restaurant at 2169 Portage Ave. in Winnipeg from 5 to 7 p.m.;
• March 6 – Chicken Chef Restaurant at Unicity Mall, 3770 Portage Ave. in Winnipeg from 5 to 7 p.m.; and
• March 6 – Garden City Hairstylists in the Garden City Shopping Centre at #143-2305 McPhillips St. in Winnipeg from noon to 12:30 p.m.
Public health officials advise three additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface; and
• a male in his 70s from the Northern health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.7 per cent provincially and 2.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 91 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 88 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,509.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• one case in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 50 cases in the Northern health region;
• two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• seven cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,204 active cases and 30,394 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 54 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 102 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 156 hospitalizations;
• eight people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 22 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 911; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 11 and B.1.351 is 11, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 22.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,116 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 544,042.