Public health officials advise that three additional deaths of people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 50 from Prairie Mountain Health region;
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 86 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 80 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,539.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 16 cases in the Northern health region;
• five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,439 active cases and 33,146 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 64 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 142 hospitalizations;
• 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 37 ICU patients;
• 2,436 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 610,799; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 954.
The outbreak has been declared over at Riverview Health Centre personal care home in Winnipeg.
There are in total 560 variants of concern cases, with 225 of those active.