There are 93 newly-identified cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
- a male in his 30s from the Northern health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.7 per cent provincially and 3.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 93 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 91 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,176.
No new cases of variants of concern have been identified as of today. However, further reviews have reclassified one case previously identified as a B.1.1.7 variant of concern case as a B.1.351 variant of concern case.
Public health officials note cases of variants of concerns are announced following the identification of a positive test result once a screening and sequencing process is completed. They are not included in the new case totals announced daily.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- one case in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 29 cases in the Northern health region;
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 10 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 39 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,127 active cases and 31,130 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 58 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 136 hospitalizations;
- 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 21 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 919; and
- the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 62 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 76.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,130 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 559,430.