Manitoba's total number of COVID-19 cases is over 40,000, with more than 36,000 recoveries.
Public health officials advise that two new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.8 per cent provincially and 9.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 272 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 271 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 40,085.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 13 cases in the Northern health region;
• 37 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 20 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 182 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,780 active cases and 36,323 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 125 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 59 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 184 hospitalizations;
• 38 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as nine people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 47 ICU patients;
• 2,803 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 676,845; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 982.