The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate in Winnipeg is 6.2 per cent.
Public health officials advise two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Heritage Life Personal Care Home; and
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region and liked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.3 per cent provincially and 6.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 173 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to a data correction making the net-new cases 171 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,260.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 33 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 64 cases in the Northern health region;
• 11 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 56 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,261 active cases and 24,204 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 133 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 141 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 274 hospitalizations;
• there are 24 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 39 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 795.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,070 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 461,250. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at Pembina Manitou Health Centre and Personal Care Home in Manitou. The site has been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Tabor Home in Morden, Tudor House Personal Care Home in Selkirk, Deer Lodge Centre on Lodge 4 East, West Park Manor Personal Care Home, St. Amant Health and Transition, and the Carpathia Children’s Centre Inc., all in Winnipeg.