The five-day test positivity rate in Winnipeg is dropping.
As of Thursday morning, Winnipeg's COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.8 per cent, and Manitoba's 4.3 per cent.
There are 70 new cases of COVID-19 being identified including:
- seven cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 30 cases in the Northern health region;
- zero cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- two cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Three previous cases have been removed from the total number of cases due to data corrections.
One person, a man in his 70s, has died from COVID. There are 888 total deaths.
There are currently 1,206 active cases and 29,563 people have recovered. The total number of confirmed B.1.1.7 variant of concern cases is five.
In hospitals, the province says there are:
- five people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 121 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 196 hospitalizations;
- 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 26 ICU patients
Pauingassi First Nation's risk of transmission has stabilized, leading the province to remove the strict public health orders, moving the community's orders to match the rest of the province's.