Health Officials are stressing the importance of following public health orders to slow the spread of the virus.
Public health officials advise two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a male in his 60 from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 90s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10 per cent provincially and 7.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 261 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to data correction and brings to net new cases to 259 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 26,954.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 11 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 139 cases in the Northern health region;
- 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 13 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 75 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,866 active cases and 23,313 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 117 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 173 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 290 hospitalizations;
- there are 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 37 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 755.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,333 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 446,018. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at Rock Lake Hospital in Crystal City. The site has been moved to Restricted (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak is declared over at Gilbert Plains Personal Care Home in Gilbert Plains.