Winnipeg's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.2 per cent.
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a male in his 70s from Northern health region;
- a male in his 80s from Southern Health-Sante Sud;
- a male in his 70s from Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a female in her 100s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10 per cent provincially and 7.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 191 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 27,145.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 84 cases in the Northern health region;
- 13 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 14 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 71 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,907 active cases and 23,478 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 118 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 166 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 284 hospitalizations;
- there are 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 35 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 760.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,025 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 448,061. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at Dauphin Regional Health Centre in Dauphin. The site has been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak is declared over at Metropolitan Kiwanis Courts in Winnipeg.