Close to 25,000 Manitobans have recovered from COVID-19.
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 70s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
• a female in her 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
• a male in his 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at the medical unit at the Dauphin Regional Health Centre;
• a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Concordia Place.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.8 per cent provincially and 6.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 113 new cases of the virus have been identified and brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,810.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 10 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 58 cases in the Northern health region;
• six cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• six cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 33 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,542 active cases and 24,464 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 145 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 127 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 272 hospitalizations;
• there are 23 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 36 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 804.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,595 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 466,635. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://manitoba.ca/openmb/datamb/.
Outbreaks have been declared over at the Brandon Correctional Centre in Brandon, Woodhaven Manor in Steinbach and the River Ridge II Retirement Residence in Winnipeg.