New COVID-19 cases are in the triple digits the same day as restriction loosenings are being announced.
As of Wednesday morning, 123 new COVID-19 cases are being announced.
New cases include:
- 64 cases in the Winnipeg health region
- 22 cases in the Northern health region
- 16 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
After removing one case due to a data correction, there are a total of 55,589 confirmed COVID cases in Manitoba.
Of the total cases, 52,668 individuals have recovered and 1,789 are active.
Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.1 per cent, and Winnipeg;s is 6.6 per cent.
Three more people have died, bringing the total number of deaths to 1,132.
New deaths include:
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
In hospital there are:
- 121 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 88 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 209 hospitalizations
- 34 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 23 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 57 ICU patients in Manitoba
- 13 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 12 in Ontario and one in Alberta