Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 60s from the Northern health region;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Poseidon Care Centre.
• a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
• a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Salem Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.2 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 198 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to a data correction, making the net new cases 196 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,089.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• nine cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 105 cases in the Northern health region;
• 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 13 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 54 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,205 active cases and 24,091 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 125 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 143 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 268 hospitalizations;
• there are 23 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 34 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 793.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,269 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 459,134. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.