There are less than 100 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.
Public health officials advise no additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.4 per cent provincially and 3.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 96 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 93 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,996.
Public health officials are announcing that nine additional confirmed cases as a result of the B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant of concern first identified in the United Kingdom have been detected. The cases identified today are all from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 51 cases in the Northern health region;
• one case in Prairie Mountain Health;
• two cases in Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
• 40 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,035 active cases and 31,044 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 61 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 88 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 149 hospitalizations;
• 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 21 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 917; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 52 and B.1.351 is 12, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 64.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,007 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 554,775.