Winnipeg is seeing a slight jump in new COVID-19 cases.
Over the course of four days, from Saturday to Tuesday, 101 new COVID-19 cases are confirmed. New cases include 27 people on Saturday, 34 cases on Sunday,18 cases Monday, 22 cases Tuesday.
The provincial COVID-19 test positivity rate has risen following increasing new case numbers. Manitoba's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.6 per cent and Winnipeg's rate is 1.9 per cent. Tuesday's rates are up from last week's 2.3 per cent in Manitoba and 1.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
New cases include:
- 49 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
- 24 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 18 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- seven new cases in the Northern health region
- three new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
After a data correction, there are 57,691 total confirmed cases with 55,982 recoveries. There are 528 active COVID cases.
Three more men died of COVID including:
- a male in his 80s from Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
This brings the total number of deaths to 1,181.
Less than one hundred people are hospitalized with COVID-19. There are 95 people hospitalized with 35 of those people being no longer infectious. In intensive care, there are 19 people including 13 who are no longer infectious.