Public health officials advise that no additional deaths in a person with COVID-19 are being reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.2 per cent provincially and 5.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 114 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,327.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 36 cases in the Northern health region;
• nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• four cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 62 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,370 active cases and 33,008 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 57 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 135 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 33 ICU patients;
• 2,030 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 606,373; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949.
Data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday online. This dashboard will be the main source of information as the B.1.1.7 is becoming the dominant variant in Manitoba. Additional data related to COVID-19, data on outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at the Emerson Health Centre in Emerson. The site has been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
A new Fast Pass site opened in Winkler today at the existing drive-thru testing site at 485 George Ave. for eligible school staff and those working in licensed child-care centres. No appointments are necessary and the site operates in the drive-thru format. Clients will be asked if they meet eligibility criteria and to present proof of eligibility, such as a work identification card or letter for the Fast Pass program, upon arrival and will then be given a rapid test.
Hours of operation for the Winkler Fast Pass program are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m.