There are close to 30,000 COVID-19 recoveries in Manitoba.
The province is announcing 35 new cases of COVID-19 Monday. Sixteen of the new cases come from Winnipeg and 16 in the Northern Health region. there are two new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region and one in southern health. There are no new COVID-19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
One person in his 60s from Winnipeg has died from the virus.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9 per cent provincially and three per cent in Winnipeg.
The province is releasing race statistics in Manitoba, demonstrating the difference in cases.
Dr. Brent Roussin says lower-income, overcrowded homes and higher-risk occupations are common contributing factors.
The data also shows:
• 1,171 active cases and 29,827 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 68 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 116 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 184 hospitalizations;
• 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 25 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 896; and
• the total number of confirmed B.1.1.7 variant of concern cases is five.