Another three Manitobans have died with COVID-19. Today's death toll includes:
- a female in her 20s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
Eligibility to be immunized at a super site or pop-up clinic includes individuals aged 35 or older and Indigenous people aged 18 and older.
Public health officials have confirmed 488 new cases of the virus in Manitoba. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 485 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 41,425.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.5 per cent provincially and 12.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 17 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- nine cases in the Northern health region;
- 30 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 43 cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 389 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,237 active cases and 37,198 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 139 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 61 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 200 hospitalizations;
- 44 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 10 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 54 ICU patients;
- 4,462 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 690,365; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 990.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found online.