Family classics like Beethoven's Christmas Adventure and new Hallmark romances like About a Kiss Before Christmas have something in common.
Christmas movie lovers will notice something familiar about many Christmas films - Winnipeg. Dozens of Christmas movies have been filmed in the prairie city, including new titles for 2021.
About a Kiss Before Christmas features Exchange District glimpses in the film about a man waking up to an alternative Christmas reality.
‘Tis the Season to be Merry sees Winnipeg playing the role of Vermont as an author searches for a fresh perspective for her romance book.
Crashing Thru the Snow fits right in with its skating scene. The new Hallmark movie follows a fake blended family trying to impress at Christmas.
The list of Christmas movies previously filmed in and around Winnipeg includes:
- A Christmas in Tennessee (2018)
- A Christmas Mission (2020)
- A Dream of Christmas (2016)
- A Shoe Addict's Christmas (2018)
- Always and Forever Christmas (2019)
- Amazing Winter Romance (2020)
- Beethoven's Christmas Adventure (2011)
- Christmas at the Plaza (2019)
- Christmas by Starlight (2020)
- Christmas Connection (2017)
- Christmas Rush (2002)
- Holiday Switch (2007)
- Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (2012)
- Journey Back to Christmas (2016)
- Let's Meet Again on Christmas Eve (2020)
- Lucky Christmas (2011)
- Merry & Bright (2019)
- No Time Like Christmas (2019)
- On the 12th Date of Christmas (2020)
- Once Upon a Christmas Miracle (2018)
- One Christmas Eve (2014)
- Our Christmas Love Song (2019)
- Project Christmas Wish (2020)
- Radio Christmas (2019)
- Snowed-Inn Christmas (2017)
- Snowmance (2017)
- The Christmas Club (2019)
- The Christmas Heart (2012)
- The Christmas Hope (2009)
- Two Turtle Doves (2019)