April 27 through 29 the Children's Hospital Book Market is again being held at the St. Vital Centre.
The book market has been running since 1961 and since its inception has raised over $8 million to support the health care of children in Manitoba. Donated books are sorted by volunteers into over 65 categories. All proceeds go to the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba to fund pediatric medical research, fund equipment, and programs at the Children's Hospital of Winnipeg.
Books can be purchased Thursday, April 27 and Friday April 28 from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday, April 29 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Books can be donated at these drop-off locations:
Some types of books are not accepted for donation including:
- Almanacs over 3 years old
- Coles Notes, Barrons, Cliffs
- Gardening over 12 years old
- History School Texts
- Jacques Cousteau Series
- Law Books
- National Geographic Geography-America’s Mountains, America’s wilderness etc.
- Readers Digest
- School Geography texts
- Shorthand or Typing books
- Weekly magazines
- Women’s Weekly
- Library Discards in any category.