The Winnipeg Police Service is thanking their counterparts in Surrey for their help locating a pair of homicide suspects. 

A Canada-wide search is being proven successful, as suspects are facing charges in the July 21 homicide of Cody Alexander Sleigh.

In July, the Winnipeg Police Service responded to an early-morning shooting on the 1000 block of Main Street. Police found Sleigh, the 31-year-old victim on the street, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds at approximately 5:45 a.m. The man was then transported to the hospital in critical condition, where he succumbed to his injuries two days later.

The WPS says Sleigh was from British Columbia.

On September 7, authorities in Williams Lake, B.C., located the first suspect, a 32-year-old man. He was arrested and brought to Winnipeg where he is facing First Degree Murder charges.

Approximately one month later, the WPS sent out a Canada-wide  First Degree Murder warrant for 19-year-old Dyllan Petrin, also from B.C.

Two months before the homicide, Petrin was being searched for by authorities on the West Coast. In May, the Surrey RCMP Serious Crimes Unit began searching for Petrin after his court-ordered electronic monitoring ankle bracelet was cut off while he was out on bail. 

Petrin was found on Tuesday in Vancouver. A long list of police services, the Surrey RCMP Strike Force Target Team, Surrey RCMP High-Risk Target Team, Lower Mainland District Integrated Emergency Response Team, and Vancouver Police Department (VPD) Emergency Response Team, contributed to his January 19 arrest. 

"This arrest would not have been possible without the collaboration and strong partnerships between our specialized units at the Surrey RCMP, Lower Mainland District and VPD emergency response teams, and Winnipeg Police Service Homicide Unit," Superintendent Elija Rain, Surrey RCMP Investigative Services Officer says in a statement. "We are pleased that the coordinated efforts of all agencies involved resulted in an arrest of a dangerous offender involved in violent crimes in both BC and Manitoba."

He was flown to Winnipeg where he now is facing a First Degree Murder charge. The suspect is also being charged in relation to a Kidnapping investigation in Surrey.

"The Winnipeg Police Service would like to thank the Surrey RCMP, Surrey Police and several other task forces that collectively worked together to locate and arrest these individuals responsible for violent crimes in Manitoba and B.C.," the WPS says in a statement.