Three new deaths from COVID-19 were reported Saturday by health authorities.
Those who have died include:
- A female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
- A male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
- A female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3% provincially. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 95 new cases of the virus have been identified. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 31,329.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- Three cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 59 cases in the Northern health region;
- Zero cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- Two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region;
- 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,207 active cases and 29,240 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 79 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 127 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 206 hospitalizations;
- 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 31 ICU patients;
- The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 882;
- The total number of variants of concern cases is four.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,642 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 510,542.