Public health officials advise one additional person has died from the virus, a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.2 per cent provincially and 3.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 57 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,867.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- zero cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 23 cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- seven cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 26 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,190 active cases and 31,744 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 60 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 143 hospitalizations;
- 13 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 28 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 933; and
- the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 109 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 123.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,043 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 575,630.