One COVID-19 related death has been announced as of Sunday morning.
Public health officials advise a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region with COVID-19 has died.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9% provincially. As of 9:30 a.m. Sunday, 55 new cases of the virus have been identified bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,922.
Of those 55 new cases, 2 were identified in the Ste. Anne/La Broquerie health district, 1 in Tache, and 1 in the Niverville/Ritchot district.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- Two cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region.
- 13 cases in the Northern health region.
- Three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
- 10 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
- 27 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,179 active cases and 31,809 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19.
- 59 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 81 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 140 hospitalizations.
- 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 27 ICU patients.
- The total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 934.
- The total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 109 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 123.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,923 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 577,571.