Public health officials advise 21 new cases of the virus identified as 9:30 am Saturday and bring the total number of cases in Manitoba to 1, 294.
29 recoveries were also announced.
The data shows:
- three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Southern Health-Sante Sud health region; and
- 10 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 426 active cases and 852 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
- COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.4 per cent;
- there are 13 people in hospital and two people in intensive care; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16.
Preliminary investigations indicate that eight of the cases are related to close contacts. Investigations continue, and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Preliminary laboratory testing numbers show an additional 1,494 tests were completed on Friday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 144, 212.