135 new cases of the COVID-19 have been identified in Manitoba.
This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in the province to 35,104. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.7 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
Public health officials additionally advise of another death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today; a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 18 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region;
- 33 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region; and
- 71 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,259 active cases and 32,896 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 63 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 141 hospitalizations;
- 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 32 ICU patients;
- Due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed so the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949; and
- the total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
- B.1.1.7 is 332;
- B.1.351 is 20;
- cases that have not been categorized is 24; and
- the total number of variant of concern cases is 376.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,031 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 601,994.
Outbreaks have been declared at Donwood Manor in Winnipeg and Boyne Lodge Personal Care Home in Carman. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System