119 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province Sunday morning.
Public health officials also reported four additional deaths from COVID-19 today, including:
- a male in his 60s from the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- a male in his 90s from the Northern health region;
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Rock Lake Hospital in Crystal City; and
- a female in her 80s from the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Rock Lake Hospital in Crystal City.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.9 per cent provincially and 4.5 per cent in Winnipeg. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 29,564.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 35 cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 49 cases in the Northern health region;
- two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- six cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 27 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,503 active cases and 25,232 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 108 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 151 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 259 hospitalizations;
- 29 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 10 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 39 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 829.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,459 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 477,207. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.