Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19 and 71 new cases of the virus have been identified in the province.
Public health officials say the death was a woman in her 20s who lived in the Winnipeg health region.
Five cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 66 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 32,170. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.1 per cent provincially and 2.2 per cent in Winnipeg. Of the 71 new cases, five are in the Southern Health region, including one in the Ste. Anne/ La Broquerie district.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- three cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 45 cases in the Northern health region;
- zero cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- five cases in the Southern Health region; and
- 18 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,114 active cases and 30,151 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 46 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 112 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 158 hospitalizations;
- nine people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 23 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 905; and
- the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is six and B.1.351 is three, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to nine.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,670 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 535,692.